As the 10th National Assembly is set to be inaugurated in June 2023, many politicians in the All Progressive Congress have expressed their interest in vying for the Senate Presidency and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. According to the video that was shared by Channels Television the names of the interested persons are:
1. Dave Umahi: he is the current Governor of Ebonyi state. He won his election bid to represent Ebonyi South at the Senate.
2. Barau Jibrin: He is a seasoned politician and won his reelection to represent Kano North senatorial zone.
3. Godswill Akpabio: the former Governor of Akwa Ibom state won his second senatorial election and is ready and poised to become the Senate president.
4. Sani Musa: he is currently representing Niger East senatorial zone in the Nigerian Senate.
5. Osita Izunaso: he is the Senator representing the good people of Imo West Senatorial zone.
6. Ahmad Lawan: he needs no introduction as he is the current Senate president of Nigeria. He is also interested in holding to the position for another 4 years.
7. Orji Uzor Kalu: He is the current Chief Whip of the Senate and the Senator representing the good people of Abia North senatorial zone.
Speaker of The House of Representatives
1. Benjamin Kalu (Abia): he is the member representing Bends Federal Constituency.
2. Tajudeen Abbas (Kaduna): He is the member representing Zaria Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives.
3. Muktar Betara Aliyu (Borno): he is the member representing the good people of Bayo, Biu, Kwaya-Kusar and Shani federal constituency.
he is a member representing the good people of Pankshin,p Kanke, Kanam federal constituency.