Friday, July 16, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021
The act of mentorship
You must mentor before you die. It's the only legacy that endures after you.
1. The Greatest Act of Leadership Is mentoring.
2. If what you learn, achieve, accumulate or accomplish dies with you then you are a generational failure.
3. Mentoring is the manifestation of the highest level of personal maturity, security and self confidence.
4. An insecure person will never train people. He will oppress people.
5. Mature people create people greater than themselves.
6. Your assignment has a shelf life.
7. You will die one day; so train your replacement.
8. Your greatest gift to the world is your mentes
9. True leaders do not seek followers. Followers are attracted to true leaders.
10. The Greatest obligation of true leadership is to transfer your deposit to the next generation.
11. Leadership success is measured by the success of their successors.
12. No matter how great you may have been, if you didn't produce a successor, you are a failure.
13. You preserve what you built through mentorship.
14. Legacy is about preserving all that you've built by raising other people.
15. Success without a successor is failure.
16. Leadership that serves only its generation is destined to failure.
17. If your vision dies with you, you have failed.
18. Legacy is about living beyond your grave.
19. Leadership Is not a sprint but a relay.
20. The most important part of a relay is to successfully pass the baton on, not running.
21. The ultimate measure of true leadership is not to maintain followers but to produce leaders.
22. True leadership measures its success by the diminishing dependency factor of its followers.
23. The ultimate measure of leadership is the ability to delegate tasks but not responsibilities.
24. True leadership makes itself increasingly unnecessary.
25. You are a successful leader when your followers can lead others.
26. Your goal as a leader is to destroy the dependency of the people around you.
27. You are a great leader when your people don't need you.
28. Make people greater than you and you will live forever.
29. True leaders do not seek power; they rather seek to empower others.
30. Never confuse your position with your value.
31. The ultimate goal of true leadership is not to maintain followers but to produce leaders.
32. The first act of a true leader is identifying your replacement and you begin to mentor them.
33. You become great by producing people greater than yourself.
34. When you produce someone greater than yourself, don't get jealous.
35. When you train your replacement, you are free to expand your work.
36. When you mentor people, your legacy will make your tombstone unnecessary.
THEREFORE, CHOOSE TO MENTOR!!! It is the best thing you can do to immortalize yourself.
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Monday, July 5, 2021
Saturday, July 3, 2021
Emeoyiri Benjamin, a commander of the Eastern Security Network, the paramilitary arm of the Indigenous People of Biafra, has stated his roles in some bloody attacks allegedly carried out by the group in Imo State.
The 28-year-old suspect dubbed Onye Army also explained how he and his gang members fortified themselves with charms prepared with heads of 10 young girls abducted in the state.
Benjamin was apprehended recently by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team deployed in Imo.
Narrating his criminal escapades, Benjamin said that he joined ESN in 2020 and was trained in a camp for two weeks.
He said that he participated in the attacks on Owerri Correctional Centre, Imo Police Command headquarters, Orlu Police Station, and the country home of the state Governor, Hope Uzodimma.
Several inmates escaped during the prison break, while a policeman was killed in the governor’s residence in Omuma, Oru East Local Government Area of the state, and vehicles vandalised.
He said the group attacked Uzodimma’s house to avenge the killing of one Ikonso, who he described as a top ESN commander.
Benjamin stated, “I am from Uzombe town in Uguta, Imo State. I was in the village in 2019 when one John approached me. He knew I had been looking for a military job without success so he advised me to join IPOB. I was attending IPOB meetings in Orlu every Sunday. I attended the meeting until November 2020 when Mazi Nnamdi Kanu formed the ESN.
“I volunteered to join the ESN and I was trained with many others from different parts of the country in a camp close to the Niger Bridge. Before I went to the camp, I was living in a church in Orlu owned by Nwachukwu. While at the camp, we were given military training, and our phones were seized from us.
“After our training, we were given boots and uniforms and asked to go back to our various state commanders. My state commander was the late Ikonso. We were not given any money. When I got back to Imo State, I reported back to the church which served as one of our camps at that time. Then, we got an order that there shouldn’t be any police or military checkpoints in the South-East. All the ESN state commanders asked their fighters to comply with the order. I also obeyed the order because I have taken an oath.”
Benjamin said they first attacked a police checkpoint in Orlu during which a policeman and two of his members were killed in a gun battle.
He explained that policemen busted their camp in Orlu and they relocated to Anambra State, where they continued attacks on police stations and checkpoints.
He added, “Ikonso, one Engineer Mike and Temple organised the attack on the Owerri Prison and Imo State Police Command headquarters. We stole 50 police rifles. We were over 100 fighters who went for the operation but on our way back, some soldiers attacked us and many of our fighters were killed.
“We carried out a few other attacks on security formations in Imo and Anambra states before Ikonso was killed in his residence. After his death, we burnt the governor’s house and killed a security man.”
The suspect said they had killed 30 persons so far in vengeance of Ikonso’s killing and attacked Orlu Police Division to free their members detained at the station.
He said, “We went in 10 vehicles. We tied white and red clothes on our bodies for protection against bullets. We prepared the charms with the heads of 10 young girls.
“Temple and Mike came up with the suggestion to use the girls for the charms and we abducted them in Imo State. Unfortunately, before we got to the Orlu Police Station, a police armoured vehicle attacked us and killed 12 of our fighters and injured four others.”
JUST IN: Godwin Maduka Loses $450,000 As 10 Campaign Officials Abscond With 'Super Delegates' Bribes'
One of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirants, Godwin Maduka, is currently disoriented at the Dora Akunyili Women's Development Center, Awka, the venue of the Anambra PDP governorship primary after ten of his campaign officials made away with $450,000.
According to an eye-witness at the scene of the PDP guber primary holding on Saturday, June 26, 2021, Dr Maduka had earmarked $45,000 as a bribe to give to the super delegates from each local government. The source further revealed that about 10 of his staff reportedly collected the cash from him at the hotel where he was lodging and became unreachable later on.
"Lion (Dr Maduka) is fuming right now. Some of his guys just disappeared into thin air with his money. I think they see it as their only chance to get anything out of Maduka," the eyewitness, a staff of the PDP at the Abuja headquarters told our report.
"I believe they acted because things are not looking good for him as he does not have the required delegates to swing the primary in his favour.
"They must have connived to run away with the money because their numbers have been switched off," our source revealed.
Multiple sources confirm that Maduka was seen at the event ground at about 5.17pm pacing up and down on the phone and screaming at anybody who approached him.
According to our findings, Dr Maduka's coordinators made away with funds meant for Anaocha, Aguata, Awka North, Awka South, Oyi, Ihiala, Idemili North, Idemili South, Ogbaru and Ekwusigo local governments.